This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SignalK not receiving from Canbus
My RasPi 3, running bullseye and OpenPlotter v3.x alpha with a Pican-M Canbus is not showing any connection activity in SignalK. The data is available by running candump can0 in terminal, but the deltas/second within SignalK is always zero. Have reconfigured everything a couple times now and am at a loss for how to proceed.

Openplotter-signalK-installer version 3.1.16
Node version - v16.20.1
SignalK version -2.0.0

DaisY USB AIS is functioning and available over the signalK server, and the usb GPS as well.  But none of the nmea2000 instruments and gps are available, despite being connected when I check candumb can0.

SignalK connection settings

Data type: NMEA2000
Enabled: Yes
Logging: No
ID: can0
NMEA 2000 Source: Canbus (canboatjs)
Interface: can0
Use Can NAME in source data: Yes
Filters: No
Source Priorities Settings: None

Any errors in the log when SK starts?

Have you tried reinstlling SK? Note any possible errors there also.
You are not running the last openplotter-signalK-installer version. Install openplotter-signalK-installer v3.2.0 from openplotter-settings and Node will be updated to v18 automatically. Signal k server will be updated to 2.1.0 as well.
s/v Maniac, did your problem get resolved? I'm seeing something similar.
I've also had this after upgrading SignalK. I could see the data flowing in the app, however, SK saw nothing and no amount of removing and reconfiguring sorted it. I actually broke my installation trying to reinstall SignalK which then refused to start or install correctly. I've downloaded a new updated version from here and am currently rebuilding everything. I'll take it to the boat this weekend to see if its working again,
That's what I did - new hardware (RPI 4 8G and PICAN-M) and software. So far, I don't think it's working, but as I don't have any other CAN devices to test with, I can't be sure.

My question, which never got answered, is should I see outgoing traffic on the SignalK dashboard if the CAN bus isn't connected?
Dashboard stats show only incoming data.

If these are OpenPlotter systems this may not apply, but see https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-serve...-Questions

There’s also a new version of canboatjs@2.4.3 that may solve problems with serial devices, such as NGT-1. You will get by running Signal K installation even if you have already the latest server.

Why do you say ”I don’t think it is working”? Hard to help on just that…

Are there any errors in the log when the sk server tries to start? I already asked this earlier. Again can’t help without more information…
(2023-07-22, 11:29 AM)Sailoog Wrote: You are not running the last openplotter-signalK-installer version. Install openplotter-signalK-installer v3.2.0 from openplotter-settings and Node will be updated to v18 automatically. Signal k server will be updated to 2.1.0 as well.

This worked to get NMEA data to Signal K, which I was able to access over the Pi3 wifi.  (data into kip, tuktuk and freeboard). Thank you, for the help. 

I was still unable to get the data from SignalK to send data to my NMEA2000 for display on Raymarine i70s, and to control the autopilot.  Hoping to work on that over the next week and will report back.  Sorry for the delay, the cruising and racing calendar was too full.
great!
I had a chance to work on this this weekend.  Still unable to get data from SignalK on NMEA devices.  Unable to get data NMEA data in SignalK when NMEA 2000 Source was set as "Canbus (canboatjs)", but if switched to " Canbus (canboat)".