This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Keyboard and mouse don't work on OP v0.11.3
Hi guys
I have a RPI3 with hdmi monitor and physical keyboard/mouse.
I downloaded OP 0.10 and after a short positive test I updated to 0.11.3
After restart the keyboard and the mouse do not work.
I can only do a reboot (turning off)
In the recovery mode keyboard and mouse work and I can go back to v0.10
Trying to update OP again shows the problem again

ideas?
Could you try using a fresh raspbian installation?
I have nearly the same problem. Is it correct to use this treath or schould a make a new one?

Here is the problem:

I have a 12"-Monitor with an eGalax touchscreen connected to USB, this works with 0.9. After Updating Openplotter the touchscreen didn't work.
I connected a mouse, which was ok. The i tested 0.9 agein, the touch works. I changed the RPI 3 with an RPI 2, same behaviour. Then i took the SD-Card in an RPI with original 7"-Touch. This combination is working with the 0.9 an the newer Version of openplotter.
lsusb on the console shows me, that the touchscreen is recognized.

Dirk
(2017-05-10, 02:36 PM)dirkw Wrote: I have nearly the same problem. Is it correct to use this treath or schould a make a new one?

Here is the problem:

I have a 12"-Monitor with an eGalax touchscreen connected to USB, this works with 0.9. After Updating Openplotter the touchscreen didn't work.
I connected a mouse, which was ok. The i tested 0.9 agein, the touch works. I changed the RPI 3 with an RPI 2, same behaviour. Then i took the SD-Card in an RPI with original 7"-Touch. This combination is working with the 0.9 an the newer Version of openplotter.

Dirk

Could you try using a fresh NOOBS raspbian installation?
https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/noobs/
Hi
I did not install a 'fresh Raspibian'.
I reinstalled OP 0.10 and retried the update to 0.11.4. Following the upgrade process carefully I saw an i / o error and a read only error reported, then the process abort and rpi3 reboot without upgrading.
In this abnormal condition the system freezes.
I tried to replace the LEXAR 16Gb U1 SD card with a SAMSUNG 32Gb EVO U1 and it all worked fine.
With the new SD the update has been successful at 0.11.4.
I tested the I2C MPU9150 HTU21 and BMP180 sensors without any problems.
In inspector I see the K signal I have configured.
Tonight I try to generate NMEA.

See you soon
(2017-05-10, 04:26 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2017-05-10, 02:36 PM)dirkw Wrote: I have nearly the same problem. Is it correct to use this treath or schould a make a new one?

Here is the problem:

Dirk

Could you try using a fresh NOOBS raspbian installation?
https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/noobs/

Tried it. The Touchscreen isnt't working with this fresh installation. I tried some other hardware, and a Mini-Keyboard with an build-in touchpad has the same problem.
(2017-05-13, 06:49 AM)dirkw Wrote: Tried it. The Touchscreen isnt't working with this fresh installation. I tried some other hardware, and a Mini-Keyboard with an build-in touchpad has the same problem.

I am afraid this issue should be reported to raspbian developers. Don't forgot to report here if you found a solution please.
(2017-05-15, 05:57 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2017-05-13, 06:49 AM)dirkw Wrote: Tried it. The Touchscreen isnt't working with this fresh installation. I tried some other hardware, and a Mini-Keyboard with an build-in touchpad has the same problem.

I am afraid this issue should be reported to raspbian developers. Don't forgot to report here if you found a solution please.

Solved. The latest raspbian version uses libinput for touchscreen. Change to evdev solved the problem.
Install evdev
Code:
sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-evdev

edit /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf and change from libinput to evdev

Code:
sudo nano /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "libinput touchscreen catchall"
        MatchIsTouchscreen "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        # Driver "libinput"
        Driver "evdev"
EndSection
Then please have a look in the directory /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d

To load the evdev driver after libinput, the number has to be higher. So if you see there for example 40-libinput.conf and 10-evdev.conf , easiest way is to change it in 40-evdev.conf and 10-libinput.conf
Thanks for reporting!
(2017-05-22, 06:16 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Thanks for reporting!

Does not work here. Do you use the driver from Egalax ?

Monitor with Touchscreen works direct with OpenPlotter version 0.9.0. And after upgrading Raspian to the latest version, the Touchscreen still works. Then took the latest kernel 4.9.30. Screen with touch still working.

What is difference between the latest Raspian version in OpenPlotter and an upgraded one started from version 0.9.0 ?

Bram