This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting data to Pi over wifi with esp8266
Hi all - how do I...

End result - have an ESP8266, ACS1115 measuring battery voltage then sending the data over wifi to the Pi. 

So should be quite easy to get the data into node-red - but what about signalk? 

Better to have the ESP send a signalk string or just data and let node-red create the string? 

hopefully the esp will also serve a webpage so if the Pi is off the data can still be read from anywhere.

Any pointers very gratefully received, TIA.
https://github.com/e-sailing/esp8266_2_signalk
Fantastic! Lots to learn in there, thanks. Cool

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
(2017-05-10, 12:25 PM)PaddyB Wrote: .....

End result - have an ESP8266, ACS1115 measuring battery voltage then sending the data over wifi to the Pi. 

@PaddyB: can you please elaborate on your battery voltage solution, maybe also with diagram and pictures.
? is ESP/ACS powered by? / ESP/ACS power consumption? always on or wakeup switch? Are you planing e.g. "remote inquiry" by op?

I am looking for a nice solution with op to check battery status from shore and yours seems very nice to me.

TIA for sharing
Will do, might take a while though, the todo list on the boat just seems to get bigger not smaller Wink I've had something working already with node red sending a request to the esp8266 but think it would be better for the esp8266 to do it on it's own, creating a web but also sending data out over mqtt if there's wifi so it can be seen anywhere.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk