This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
seatalk connect to tinypilot via optocoupler
On my boat i have some seatalk 1 windsensors etc.
and i found a simple way to connect seatalk to openplotter with signalk.
on this forum.
is it also possible to put this in tinypilot.
to get wind data from your old equipment and read by tinypilot

https://sites.google.com/site/olewsaa/ya...authuser=0
It is possible using signalk, but you want to do this with tinypilot and no other raspberry?
(2023-08-26, 05:27 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: It is possible using signalk, but you want to do this with tinypilot and no other raspberry?

yes , i do not know if the tinypylot has some time to spend translating seatalk to nmea.
then i can use it to read the wind instruments.
You would have to somehow run the signalk server under tinypilot, and this is non-trivial.

For now I would use a second raspberry with openplotter to convert.