This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot connect VNC over AP while I can over ethernet.
(2023-09-05, 12:44 AM)Pikor Wrote: Now I did but it still overwrites after reboot.
However, I managed to get it working. Openplotter scripts have hardcoded paths to 'pi' user home directory. I do not honestly remember when was the last time I didn't change the user name when flashing OS to SD card. Probably back when it wasn't possible in Imager.
Anyway, went through a bunch of those scripts and edited them. Success!?

Good result, excellent.

Oddly when I made the changes they did not get wiped out over reboot and I never use the pi username.
(2023-09-05, 12:44 AM)Pikor Wrote: Now I did but it still overwrites after reboot.
However, I managed to get it working. Openplotter scripts have hardcoded paths to 'pi' user home directory. I do not honestly remember when was the last time I didn't change the user name when flashing OS to SD card. Probably back when it wasn't possible in Imager.
Anyway, went through a bunch of those scripts and edited them. Success!?

This just answered my first problem with this system... I have never not propagated my initial user with the flash tool, and struggled with connection issues from day one.  I did not realize info was hardcoded to a different user, but that explains the connection problems I have been having. ( I am new here, and still testing this at home with a spare Axiom and some other NMEA2K devices before putting it on my boat)

Thanks for the lead.  Hopefully this can be addressed, it almost made me give up a few days ago. 

I had to manually start some of the apps to make it work, making headless not headless at all.
(2023-09-19, 09:54 AM)slahm Wrote: This just answered my first problem with this system... I have never not propagated my initial user with the flash tool, and struggled with connection issues from day one.  I did not realize info was hardcoded to a different user, but that explains the connection problems I have been having. ( I am new here, and still testing this at home with a spare Axiom and some other NMEA2K devices before putting it on my boat)

Thanks for the lead.  Hopefully this can be addressed, it almost made me give up a few days ago. 

I had to manually start some of the apps to make it work, making headless not headless at all.

Good idea to stick to the manual very closely, it's known to work >
https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/3....lling.html
This will boot up as user Pi@openplotter then use openplotter settings to install/upgrade opencpn, signalk etc