This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMU data sent to SignalK only in "enable IMU only" mode
OP 3
Pypilot 3.2.15

after 4 years using AP I am reinstalling everything from scratch (starting from fresh OP3 image)

After installation, I have got navigation.attitude data updating.

{
  "roll": -0.05845107825700001,
  "pitch": 0.12259193003200002,
  "yaw": 4.723419591176
}

It work in "enable IMU only" pypilot mode.

When I enable autopilot I do not see data updated in SignalK any more.
As well, pypilot does not enable GPS mode however i have GPS data in SignalK  updated.

Is it normal behavior? maybe i lost someting.
Did you approve pypilot's access request in signalk? Remember to specify read/write access. Some background here, however it might be outdated https://github.com/pypilot/workbook/wiki/Step-13-SignalK-connections
(2023-08-29, 08:15 PM)ironman Wrote: Did you approve pypilot's access request in signalk? Remember to specify read/write access. Some background here, however it might be outdated https://github.com/pypilot/workbook/wiki/Step-13-SignalK-connections

Thanks for answer.

Link is It is really outdated. most things now looks happening (or have to happen)  automagically with "Approve" and "reconnect" buttons.

In my case I have pypilot updating Attitude values when "IMU only mode". In my mind it means connection to signalK is established. 
But as soon as I switch to "Autopilot" pypilot do not update it any more.

Any ideas?
any way to see signalk communication in real time? Pypilot deep logging?
The IMU only mode used to use a different mechanism to spoon the data into SignalK than the Autopilot mode, that did not require approval because it runs on the same machine. The autopilot mode requires connection that needs to be approved, because the tinypilot might run on different hardware. Hence my question: did you approve?

Yes you can see various feedback if you run pypilot at the prompt, as described. Don't try to interpret it, just post it here.
(2023-08-30, 05:55 PM)ironman Wrote: The IMU only mode used to use a different mechanism to spoon the data into SignalK than the Autopilot mode, that did not require approval because it runs on the same machine. The autopilot mode requires connection that needs to be approved, because the tinypilot might run on different hardware. Hence my question: did you approve?

Yes you can see various feedback if you run pypilot at the prompt, as described. Don't try to interpret it, just post it here.
Thanks for help

update:
Looks like i managed my problem.

I am not sure what helped but i did two things: IMU calibration and reconnecting in autopilot mode.
now I can see IMU data in OP and pypilot gives me option to work over GPS