This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user, excited at potential of Open!
Thanks Chris

The manual does not make sense!, the ait1500n2k has two interfaces, n2k and usb.
It does not have an nmea interface other than the n2k, hence no 'slow' nmea0183 interface.

I'll give them a call and see what their technical people say, have spoken to them before and they're helpful.

Will report back!

Steve
(2017-05-18, 10:59 AM)Sderbyshire Wrote: Thanks Chris.

I am o-en to buying the n2k to usb converter, but actually not sure i need to!

My ais is the digital yacht ait1500n2k, which has a usb output as well as the n2k.

So i'm hoping to use that.

If the ait1500n2k doesnt multiplex the non-ais data onto usb then i could add a nmea0183/4800 inout from the b&G.

Frustratingly i wont see Amita for about 6 weeks so cant play with interfacing just yet.....

Does ayone have experience of connecting the ait1500n2k via usb?
I know digital yacht are supporters of signalk, and nice people, so maybe i'll ask them direct.

Steve
Fair enough.

Looking through the AIT1500 manual from the DY site the first thing I note is that the USB port is not isolated and they don't recommend it for long term connection to a PC; they recommend using an isolated NMEA/USB converter instead.

Otherwise it looks like it might be capable of at least some multiplexing 

Quote:A multiplexing feature is provided, which means any messages received on the low speed Input 2 port are automatically transmitted on the high speed Output 1 port. This is particularly useful when using a chart plotter having only a single NMEA0183 port.