This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'openplotterSettings'
I'm seeing issues when trying to install or uninstall any one of the Dashboards. For example, when trying to install Node-Red Dashboard, I see this message
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterDashboards/installNoderedDashboard.py", line 19, in <module>
    from openplotterSettings import conf
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'openplotterSettings'

Odd thing is, other OpenPlotter software appears to work and able to find the module
Code:
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterSettings/openplotterSettings.py

Only the install/uninstall of Dashboard items appear to run into the above issue.

This is what my python path looks like. The issue may be related to a mix of python3.11 and python 3.
Code:
$ python3
Python 3.11.4 (main, Jul 28 2023, 16:12:56) [GCC 11.3.0] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import sys
>>> print (sys.path)
['', '/usr/local/lib/python311.zip', '/usr/local/lib/python3.11', '/usr/local/lib/python3.11/lib-dynload', '/home/tartan3500/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages', '/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages']
>>> exit()

The OpenPlotter installation files are located here
Code:
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages

Any suggestion on how to clean this up will be appreciated.
When I add printing the "sys.path"  in the install script for Node-Red just before the above mentioned problem, it shows
Code:
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterDashboards
/usr/local/lib/python311.zip
/usr/local/lib/python3.11
/usr/local/lib/python3.11/lib-dynload
/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages

It's clear why it can't find the import file, as the sys.path and  file location don't match.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing OpenPlotter, but that hasn't helped so far.
I could not find a reliable solution.
Decided to do a complete fresh install, starting with Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. It's not that much work to setup a system, thanks to all the automation that OpenPlotter does for us.