This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Control Raymarine autopilot from OpenPlotter
(2023-12-24, 06:29 PM)MigGat Wrote: However, there is still the issue of ST. When the raspberry to the ST network, the c80 loses access to it, and i don't understand why :S

You are probably suffering the ST1 bug in MacArthur HAT v1.0 that was fixed in the current version.
(2023-12-27, 06:02 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2023-12-24, 06:29 PM)MigGat Wrote: However, there is still the issue of ST. When the raspberry to the ST network, the c80 loses access to it, and i don't understand why :S

You are probably suffering the ST1 bug in MacArthur HAT v1.0 that was fixed in the current version.

Oh! Didn't thought about that, but makes totally sense. I guess i'll have to wait until there are new beta versions for purchase, or even better the final release!  Big Grin

Meanwhile i'll buy a NMEA0183 <> ST1 converter so i can keep all the data together.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm waiting to receive a nmea0183 <-> seatalk converter, and once i have it wired up, i'll try your setup.
So I installed the Digital Yacht NMEA <> ST1 converter, and plugged in into nmea 2 in from MacArthur hat.

However i think there's a deep misuntertanding (on my side) on how nmea events are handled in SignalK.

No matter the setup I try in Autopilot plugin, i never get it to actually recognize an autopilot.

I have set it up as "Raymarine Seatalk1 AP", and set the "NMEA 0183 outputEvent for the Seatalk Connection" to "seatalkout", which is the output name I configured for the connection in SignalK, but still nothing happens. I also see that MacArthur's HAT NMEA0183 leds  blink for RX on input 2 but nothing on the TX.

Moreover, i can see in SignalK's databrowser the path "steering.rudderAngle" updated when I steer manually the rudder, but that's all.

Any help will be much appreciated.

I can confirm "somrthing" is working, because when I set a waypoint in avnav, the waypoint appears in the C80 plotter, so I'm sure there some nmea to seatalk out working.

However, the autopilot is still saying "No Pilot"
Finally managed to make it work. For anyone with a similar issue, what I did was install the signalk-autopilot webapp, set it up as Seatalk 1 AP, and specify the correct nmea output name.

In addition, to the nmea TX/RX i plugged a digital yacht nmea<>st1 converter so any nmea sentence is converted to Seatalk.

HOWEVER, the main point is in the last page of the Digital Yacht device manual, where it explains how to convert seatalk to raw nmea sentences "$STALK". That was the real trick. You can also set the baud rate to 38400 if enabled in the device.