This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NKE Wi-fi to signalK via UDP
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to read data sent from the NKE Wi-fi box (here the user manual) via UDP in signalK. 
The raspberry is connected to the NKE Wi-fi, and through the terminal with netcat i can see that data is correctly sent: 

$IIRMC, 082231, A, 4144.8974, N, 01215.7022, E, , 151023, ,,A*42 
$GPGSV, 3, 1, 11, 01, 43, 142, 41,02, 28, 146, 48, 03, 64, 045, 40, 04, 76, 204, 47*7C 
$IIRSA, -32.0, A,, V*65 
$IIMWV, 173, T, 6.8, N, A*ZE $IIVWT, 173, R,6.8, N,3.5,M, 12.6, K*69 
$IIMWD,, T, 230, M, 6.8, N,3.5,M*7D 
!AIVDO, 1,1,6,,B3ct110008>24g5v=psQ3wQ50P06, 0*57
$IIMWV, 173, R,6.9, N, A*29
$IIVWR, 173, R, 6.9, N,3.5,M, 12.8, K*60

I've done various tests via signal-k but I can't see anything. Can you help me understand where I'm going wrong.
Below you can find some screenshots.
Thank you.

[Image: W7ZMJlU.png]

[Image: UKagkif.png]

[Image: L0AjuuH.png]
you could try some diagnostics:

Enable logging in sk for the NKE Logs.
Disable gps if you get gps from the NKE. Two GPS Inputs will make bad things with SK.
I dont see any AIS / NMEA presets in the NKE Manual, maybe it gets an overrun from the AIS Data.

There are some errors in line 4: no CR, Checksum, so you could try to disable the checksum in SK to test this.

Why do you need this NKE, SK could send the UDP Data also hisself.

Try to get the NMEA Data via an cheap Serial-USB Stick.

Good Luck
(2023-11-19, 03:35 PM)holgerw Wrote: you could try some diagnostics:

Enable logging in sk for the NKE Logs.
Disable gps if you get gps from the NKE. Two GPS Inputs will make bad things with SK.
I dont see any AIS / NMEA presets in the NKE Manual, maybe it gets an overrun from the AIS Data.

There are some errors in line 4: no CR, Checksum, so you could try to disable the checksum in SK to test this.

Try to get the NMEA Data via an cheap Serial-USB Stick.

Good Luck

First of all thank you for your time. I tried also from the USB and the result was the same. 
Regarding this: "Why do you need this NKE, SK could send the UDP Data also hisself." 
I'm trying to use SK to collect and register all the data from different instruments.

In the afternoon I'll give a try with your suggestions. 
Checksum was already disable in the screenshot, is this correct?

After enable the logs where should I be able to see them? 
Thank you.
(2023-11-20, 11:59 AM)tommaso.avavel Wrote: After enable the logs where should I be able to see them? 

You define the directory where you want the logs to be placed in the server configuration page, see below e.g. /home/pi/logs/

(2023-11-20, 11:59 AM)tommaso.avavel Wrote: Enable logging in sk for the NKE Logs.

First of all thank you for your time. I tried also from the USB and the result was the same. 
Regarding this: "Why do you need this NKE, SK could send the UDP Data also hisself." 

If you tried with a USB device then presumably you set up that device in the Openplotter Serial page? If that's the case then you should not add another data connection (your nke connection) separately in signal K for the data. You should delete that data connection.

Attached Files Image(s)