This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding New I2C -Adafruit VCNL4020
it looks nice Smile
Im waiting still for my sensors to arrive to confirm configs Wink
is it possbile you click in I2C modul edit button to change "bilge" to different value like lux or proximity?
ok- sounds good! Let me know if you have better luch.
Yeas, I used your lux and proximity first, to no avail, so that one you see is the change in my attempt to see if signal k was more happy with traditional names- which was a 0% chance of working...Smile
please download script attached, run and let me know the output:
sudo python3 read_vcnl4020.py

Attached Files
.zip   read_vcnl4020.zip (Size: 491 bytes / Downloads: 170)
(2023-12-04, 07:50 PM)DroZDi Wrote: please download script attached, run and let me know the output:
sudo python3 read_vcnl4020.py
Works Great with that code you sent!!!!

Attached Files Image(s)

(2023-12-03, 05:14 PM)DroZDi Wrote: it looks nice Smile
Im waiting still for my sensors to arrive to confirm configs Wink
is it possbile you click in I2C modul edit button to change "bilge" to different  value like lux or proximity?

Did you see if you sensors work with your orang pi...just curious?
Finally I got VCNL4040 sensor and attached to signalK  in my orangepi 5 plus as images below
Values change if I close my hand to the VCnL4040 sensor  Wink (1- far away, if close some numbers)

Attached Files Image(s)