This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am not able to run MQTT from OpenPlotter rel. 0.11.7
Hi
I can not run MQTT from OpenPlotter rel.0.11.7. (to publish SignalK data on a broker)
I have 2 raspberry PI3 with installed openplotter, in both of them I have verified that the broker works using Mosquitto from command line and from pc with Eclipse Paho.
I use the 2 OpenPlotter brokers.
The MQTT publication from Node-red also works regularly.
I searched for guides and examples on the openplotter MQTT setup but refer to earlier versions with different configuration menus.
I understand that I must do these 3 steps:
1 - Adding MQTT Topic
2 - Add Trigger
3 - Adding Action
But I do not find it clear how to setup
I would be useful for a mini guide or an example
Tks
sorry kste, this is not documented yet.

If you want to publish a signal k key value in a topic:

In MQTT tab set username and password and optionally a remote broker address. Then create a topic X type GENERAL.

in Actions tab set a trigger. You can create a Date trigger with the current date. Select your new trigger and add an action "Publish on topic: X". In data field add the signal k key you want to publish on this topic, be sure the signal k key is between angle brackets <navigation.position.latitude>. Select repeat "seconds" and repeat after 1. And you are done, every second your topic X will get the signal k key value and it will be sent to the local and remote brokers.
OK perfect!
Thanks a lot Sailoog
I programmed a esp8266 to measure e.g. temperature and transmit it via wifi and mqtt to openplotter.

I can use the mosquitto server from openplotter and I can connect a mqtt node in node red and see the temperature in node red.

Now I want to see the temperature as the correct signal k sentence. There are two problems in the moment:

1. the esp8266 topic name "/ESP_Easy/BMP180/Temperature" is not allowed in op mqtt and can not be changed in the esp8266. As a workaround I re publish the topic with the name "Temperature".
I now can see the temperature in the signal k stream as notifications.Temperature.

2. How can I change the signal k sentence from "notifications.Temperature" to "environment.inside.temperature"

Martin

Attached Files Image(s)

You are creating "general" topics, try "signal k key input" instead