This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch Connections
This issue is still bothering me.  I have no problem with the architecture of Pypilot or the implementation that Sean has outlined above.  I just don't which way to design my system.  Sean has a video of a steel boat with the motor driving the wheel via a belt.  I can't see any sort of tensioner in the video. 

I would like to know what people are doing to disconnect the drive from the wheel when they need to steer manually.  I didn't get any replies to my earlier thread on clutches so I assume that not many people are using a clutch.  Does the wiper motor turn freely when the wheel is turned?  I haven't actually tried that. 

I would really like to know what others are doing to solve this issue.

Messages In This Thread
Clutch Connections - by SVHM - 2023-12-13, 02:29 AM
RE: Clutch Connections - by seandepagnier - 2023-12-13, 08:16 PM
RE: Clutch Connections - by SVHM - 2023-12-28, 02:57 PM
RE: Clutch Connections - by ironman - 2023-12-28, 05:20 PM
RE: Clutch Connections - by SVHM - 2023-12-29, 02:54 AM
RE: Clutch Connections - by seandepagnier - 2023-12-29, 12:30 AM
RE: Clutch Connections - by SVHM - 2023-12-29, 01:11 AM
RE: Clutch Connections - by seandepagnier - 2024-01-01, 05:39 AM