This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
opencpn 5.8.4 and pypilot plugin
Hello all,

I tried to install the pypilot plugin from the master catalog but I've got the following msg :

the following plugin has encountered errors during startup :

pypilot

the plugin will be uninstalled. You might want to reinstall it after updating the catalog.

catalog updated on the 24th of december
pypilot_pi  0.40.30.0
opencpn 5.8.4
ubuntu 22.04

What should I do ?
thanks for your help

Had the same for my boat laptop. Reinstalling Ubuntu 20.04 solved the problem. See https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot_pi/issues/37
(2023-12-24, 06:42 PM)ironman Wrote: Had the same for my boat laptop. Reinstalling Ubuntu 20.04 solved the problem. See https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot_pi/issues/37

Thanks, I understand that the issue has been fixed in the 040.30.3 version but it is not yet in the master catalog ?
I'm afraid not, the fix in 0.4.30.3 refers to the autopilot_route plugin, not to the pypilot plugin.
@Elea, before you downgrade ubuntu, there's some progress in the github spheres, and there might be a solution available in the master catalog soon. In the meantime you could compile from github, but that's rather a tour de force.
Issue has been resolved,  please update the plugin catalog and then you can install pypilot plugin 0.40.31.2 on ubuntu 22.04.
(2023-12-29, 12:01 PM)ironman Wrote: Issue has been resolved,  please update the plugin catalog and then you can install pypilot plugin 0.40.31.2 on ubuntu 22.04.
A big thanks !
0.40.32 is now on the catalog (and it works)
Elea