This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor driver options
Are there any off-the-shelf motor driver modules that are known to work reliably with Pypilot? 

I’m comfortable doing a DIY build of the other Pypilot components, but for the high current part would rather go with something developed and tested by people with more skill than I possess. 

Ideally I’d like to have a module capable of driving a hydraulic pump (<=30 amps) and something suitable for a lower current linear actuator. 

Thanks for any ideas.
You know you can buy them off the pypilot store? Built by Sean himself, I got one and it's very reliable.

https://pypilot.org/opencart/index.php?r...ry&path=59.
(2024-01-14, 12:04 PM)ironman Wrote: You know you can buy them off the pypilot store? Built by Sean himself, I got one and it's very reliable.

https://pypilot.org/opencart/index.php?r...ry&path=59.

I tried to buy one in the store, but they are not available. I gather that they might not ever be available. In response to my inquiry, Sean advised me to build my own from the schematic.
Yes my order backlog is still too long and since I was unlawfully arrested without committing a crime, only accused of breaking a park rule that turned out not to even exist in key west florida and abused and tortured then let out of private jail a week later without any criminal charges I decided to stop shipping orders to the united states for a while to help free up some of my time.

I am working on trying to sue the key west police and if I succeed I will be able to ship orders to the united states again but I already have more than enough orders from people in europe at the moment to keep me busy. I am trying to develop new products so it helps to have more time for that.
The 2019 model was not using surface mounted components making it much easier for hobbyists to build themselves. Selling those PCB's with a bill of materials might be a good alternative for selling the finished product. Someone else might be happy to have a batch made and ship them at a modest (cost?) price. May be even myself. Creates some leeway for you to focus on new inventions?