This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WiFi lost
I have no WiFi anymore with a “no wireless LAN interface found” error. I thought first that my Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB, Bullseye and OpenPlotter 3 on a 500GB SSD) developed a hardware problem but it is not the case: when using a fresh install of BBN OS (Bullseye) or a fresh OpenPlotter 4 (Bookworm, in development . . . ) on a SD card, I have WiFi connectivity. How to get the WiFi working again? I would hate to start from a fresh install, having to many softs and data on the SSD.

By the way, OpenPlotter 4 (last updated today 15/01) does not have the possibility to choose “Network” from the menu as shown on the picture.

probably you can always configure WiFi as below, as root
# apt-get install net-tools lshw tlp netctl -y
please run
# nmcli
# nmcli radio (wifi)
and also
# nmtui
to check if WiFi is availabe
Is Network installed from the settings app? Post a screen shot of that if it helps?
Added this to the "OpenPlotter 4 roadmap" post: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=5060

Withdrawn applications

1. OpenPlotter Network app: In Raspberry OS Bookworm you can now create access points, VPNs, and more easily using the built in network manager. It makes no sense to keep this application since it was very intrusive and its main function can now be performed by the host system perfectly (Raspberry OS, Debian, Ubuntu...). Just right click in the Wifi icon and see the options. Some extra tools of this app have been migrated to OpenPlotter Settings app. The OpenPlotter 4 Headless image comes with an access point pre-configured.
Without WiFi, I was not able to use commands like sudo apt update, full upgrade, etc. . . . The Wireless LAN Country setting was grayed out in the localization page of the Raspberry Pi configuration.

But after changing several times the AP settings in OP’s Network 3.20 between none, xxx on board and xxx AP and Station and rebooting each time, my WiFi is working again.

It must have been a glitch.