This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Install: "No wireless interface found"
This is my first time using OP. I'm trying to get it up and running on an RPi4b2 with OpenPlotter v3 Headless (64bit).

I'm not interested in the Access Point feature and would prefer to access OP as another client on my boat's LAN. The AP works; it is the only way I have to access OP since it's headless. However, I get the errors "No wireless interface found" and "There was an error running option S1 Wireless LAN" when I try to configure the wifi connection via raspi-config. I'm using the on-board wifi. I thought my problem may be caused by the AP using the wifi connection, but if I turn it off, I have no way to access the device. Any advice on how I can get my OP connected to my wifi would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files Image(s)

interesting. First, it's better to use the openplotter network app to set the network up. No idea if this will work but if you vnc into the Pi you can try setting the network to AP and station. Then click the pencil icon on the left pane to let you edit and the save icon on the right pane. Reboot and you should have the same access point but be able to join another network as well. Once you`ve joined the other network make a note of the ip address and go back into the network app & set the mode to none. That *might* reboot and log on automatically to the boat network so you could access signalk from the ip address. If it sets the same ip address. Or it might not log on to the boat network.... then you're stuffed with no way in Smile
Another thought is you can set a network to join in the config of the raspberry pi sd card burner in settings, set that up and it might connect automatically. Guessing a bit, not tried any of this. Sailoog will be along at some point or someone who knows the network side much better.

[Image: hxR2pgZ.png]
Awesome PaddyB! Your first suggestion fixed it. I was looking for a more complex solution. BTW, I did configure the wifi during the card burner process, and it picked up my settings once I set it to AP and station. Thanks for your help!?
(2024-02-03, 10:50 PM)jdaviso1 Wrote: Awesome PaddyB! Your first suggestion fixed it. I was looking for a more complex solution. BTW, I did configure the wifi during the card burner process, and it picked up my settings once I set it to AP and station. Thanks for your help!?

Yay!!It actually feels nice when someone gets sorted, great to hear. Using the Pi to do both AP & station all the time  is a bit shakey though, think it might be asking a bit much. Should be OK with you just in station mode hopefully. 
Also, sort of related, when I've done similar but using a mobile phone created hotspot android won't let me in using the 192.. ip address. Or ssh into it. Used to do it but somethng changed in android. 
Sounds like it works fine with your boat neatwork though, cool!
some days you just ask yourself - how could I not have figured that out for so long!!!!! For , like years, I've been switching the internal usb adaptor to station/AP mode to access the phone hotspot to get online thn switching back again over vnc. When all I had to do was plug the phone into the Pi and get on google to find out how to turn on data sharing over usb.... Rolleyes Big Grin

Probably not possible on your boat network but if anyone else finds this from a search...  Cool