This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solarpowerproject for Openplotter as an Sideproject
Video 
Today did arive my EPEVER 40 A real MPPT it have a RS485 output So i will have at least 480 Watt on my boat.

I like to start a little sideproject for Openplotter that shows step by step integration to the raspberry pi for Monitoring and other things.

This was the main target i did join for Openplotter

For a first impression a good video of the smaller 20 A Tracer and a Test after 9 months of use.
For solar objects exist a lot of githubs for integration of the raspery pi and for me special i can change and control this all sitting in the winter in Germany and can control batteries and charging situation in romania....

My idea is now in a team to look out what kind of libaries are the best for a integration to openplotter and write a manual for easy use.

Will work with a wide range of controlers that have real MPPT and are not only fakes. The cheapest is arround just 7.- Euros 

Look to the Videos of Adam Welch to get a more deeper spirit