This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grafana/Influxdb - different context
I am pretty new to Influxdb/grafana so bear with me

I have an influxdb up and running and have added RPi CPU and GPU temps to a graph:

the problem is that there are 3 CPU lines and 3 GPU lines and they are different SignalK uuid but they are really triggered by reboots (everytime I reboot, I get a new uuid).  Is that normal?  should I get a new line colour as soon as I reboot?  is there a way to merge them?
I don't have a solution, but just wanted to tag on that I have the same issue I was hoping to resolve.

It's especially annoying when you have a gauge-type visualization, because you'll get a separate gauge displayed for each separate context.

My suspicion is there's a way to write a Flux query such that the context data isn't provided to Grafana, and only the value is instead. That way, Grafana would have no idea that the contexts are different.
(2024-02-15, 08:37 PM)Ryban Wrote: I don't have a solution, but just wanted to tag on that I have the same issue I was hoping to resolve.

It's especially annoying when you have a gauge-type visualization, because you'll get a separate gauge displayed for each separate context.

My suspicion is there's a way to write a Flux query such that the context data isn't provided to Grafana, and only the value is instead. That way, Grafana would have no idea that the contexts are different.

I think I worked it out.  If you add a MMSI to settings under server in SignalK, from then on the context will be fixed to your MMSI number