This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serial App doesnt recognize Daisy Hat
The Daisy Hat is no longer displayed in the serial app - 
How do you add devises to the serial app when they are not shown.

Thank you in advance

Yak
What model of the Raspberry Pi, and version of OpenPlotter are you running? Can you share screenshots of your settings in the serial app?
Why do you think it is related to MacArthur HAT?

Does "no longer" mean it used to work? try to describe both scenarios.
(2024-02-18, 02:01 AM)Adrian Wrote: What model of the Raspberry Pi, and version of OpenPlotter are you running? Can you share screenshots of your settings in the serial app

Hi Adrian
Im using a pi 4 with 4 gigs of ram - opencpn 5.8.4 - 

I had a Bluetooth dongle attached to one of the usb ports - after removing the dongle the serial app recognized the daisy hat.
Its something to do with Bluetooth - I know the gpio turns off bluetooth to enable the hat.

I thought having a dongle would remedy no bluetooth from gpio.

More importantly the hat is recognized and working with signalk, and its green.

Thank you for the quick response

Yak

(2024-02-18, 11:42 AM)Sailoog Wrote: Why do you think it is related to MacArthur HAT?

Does "no longer" mean it used to work? try to describe both scenarios.

Hi Sailoog
No relation to Macarthur hat - more related to my newness to linux

I had it working when I first got the Daisy Hat and deleted it by accident (see previous post)

Once I removed the Bluetooth dongle everything is working normally now.

Thank you for your help

Yak
thanks for reporting. even if your Bluetooth dongle is not detected you should be able to keep listed the compatible devices as the dAISy HAT. I think we could have a bug here, let me know if you want to debug this.
yes, there are some quirks with the serial and BT (dongles).

the "is in use" message from serial module is false, if internal BT is disabled and an external USB BT is used.
mybe serial module also does something with the display of the serial port.