This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
power supply for RPI5
Help from the most experts.
I'm doing some tests at home with the new Raspberry PI5 with Openplotter OS (the current Beta version for RPI5) on a USB stick. With the original 220V power supply it works normally, it boots and all the programs start. With the prospect of mounting it on the boat (I'm now using an RPI4) I also tried to power it with an old Mastervol battery charger, which I replaced on the boat with a more modern Victron, to which I connected a step down power supply that supplies 12V current at 5V 5A as required by the PI5 (this one in particular https://www.amazon.it/dp/B071ZRXKJY?psc=...t_details) but the boot doesn't start, it doesn't work. I checked the output current from the power supply with the tester which was found to be adequate having detected 12.6V.
Could you recommend a suitable power supply?
Thanks for your help
I had the same issue of it not booting, I moved to this and I am using the USB port to supply the RPi5. No problems with this. I am using a SSD via a hat via PCIe
Thanks for the reply Techstyle but I didn't understand what you "switched" to, can you put a link to the device you used? Thank you
Sorry, missed the link

https://amzn.to/3IkLxdF
It's the power supply I'm using too but it probably delivers 5V but not 5A
(2024-03-01, 04:36 PM)mauro.ciappi@alice.it Wrote: It's the power supply I'm using too but it probably delivers 5V but not 5A

Try adding 'usb_max_current_enable=1' to /boot/firmware/config.txt
(2024-03-03, 02:00 PM)Techstyle Wrote:
(2024-03-01, 04:36 PM)mauro.ciappi@alice.it Wrote: It's the power supply I'm using too but it probably delivers 5V but not 5A

Try adding 'usb_max_current_enable=1' to /boot/firmware/config.txt

ok, thanks, I'll try