This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Source Seatalk Emulator/Simulator
I had posted previously my seatalk remote control interface ST Wireless V1 which includes a hardware inteface using ESP32 and will with next  code release work nicely with Signal K / Open marine as a wireless interface .  Seatalk Wireless Remote Control Project

To test I created another project that simulates certain seatalk siganls such as depth, wind speed , speed through water , COG etc  I've shared it for anyone else that may find it useful .
Seatalk Simulator / Tester

It uses the same hardware as the ST Wireless box and if building circuits isnt your thing i've got some for sale on my homepage.
(2024-03-02, 06:37 PM)nauticontrol Wrote: I had posted previously my seatalk remote control interface ST Wireless V1 which includes a hardware inteface using ESP32 and will with next  code release work nicely with Signal K / Open marine as a wireless interface .  Seatalk Wireless Remote Control Project

To test I created another project that simulates certain seatalk siganls such as depth, wind speed , speed through water , COG etc  I've shared it for anyone else that may find it useful .

It uses the same hardware as the ST Wireless box and if building circuits isnt your thing i've got some for sale on my homepage.

Nice writeup, thanks for sharing!  Cool

Looking at the code (and not being a real programmer  Rolleyes) , could it be trimmed down & used to connect to a seatalk1 depthsounder/log to send signalk to a Pi?

// Depth Below Transducer
            else if (message[0] == 0x00 && message.size() == 5)
            {
                double depthBelowTransducer = (((message[4] >> 8) | message[3]) / 10);

Serial.printf("Depth Below Transducer %.1f Meters\n", depthBelowTransducer);
            SEND SIGNALK UDP FROM HERE
            }
The Open Source Seatalk Emulator/Simulator is a priceless resource that offers a realistic environment for testing and research in the field of marine electronics, catering to both developers and amateurs. An outstanding project that promotes creativity and accessibility.
PM kisan status
(2024-03-03, 09:50 AM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2024-03-02, 06:37 PM)nauticontrol Wrote: I had posted previously my seatalk remote control interface ST Wireless V1 which includes a hardware inteface using ESP32 and will with next  code release work nicely with Signal K / Open marine as a wireless interface .  Seatalk Wireless Remote Control Project

Nice writeup, thanks for sharing!  Cool

Looking at the code (and not being a real programmer  Rolleyes) , could it be trimmed down & used to connect to a seatalk1 depthsounder/log to send signalk to a Pi?

// Depth Below Transducer
            else if (message[0] == 0x00 && message.size() == 5)
            {
                double depthBelowTransducer = (((message[4] >> 8) | message[3]) / 10);

Serial.printf("Depth Below Transducer %.1f Meters\n", depthBelowTransducer);
            SEND SIGNALK UDP FROM HERE
            }

On the main github firmware this is under development to NMEA over TCPIP to opencpn/Signal K wirelessly ie it connects to the AP as a slave and thjen sends the data wirelessly from the ST bus. 

in my test setup i have this simulator and the main firmware to test what would happen in a boat to what your describing :-)