This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handshake status 401 Unauthorized
Hi, I have been getting the pasted error messages when checking systems and after no software updates. I have run a previous backup from 3 months ago, and the same errors occur.
No GPIO, I2C, Pypilot services available.

Im running openplotter 3 on a Raspi4 64bits with the latest updates.

Checking SDR processes... | SDR AIS is running
Checking Notificati | no conflicts
Checking GPIO conflicts... | no conflicts
CHECK SYSTEM FINISHEDons... | running | Access to Signal K server validated
Checking GPIO... | pigpiod running | openplotter-gpio-read running | Seatalk1 enabled | 1W enabled | pulses enabled | digital disabled
↳Unexpected error validating connection: Handshake status 401 Unauthorized -+-+- {'connection': 'close', 'content-type': 'application/json', 'content-length': '23'} -+-+- b'{"error":"jwt expired"}'.
Checking Signal K server...Checking I2C sensors... | openplotter-i2c-read running | I2C enabled
↳ | running
Unexpected error validating connection: Handshake status 401 Unauthorized -+-+- {'connection': 'close', 'content-type': 'applicationCheckin | no conflicts
g serial connectionChecking network connections conflicts...s conflicts.../json', 'content-length': '23'} -+-+- b'{"error":"jwt expired"}'.
Checking pypilot... | pypilot not running | pypilot_web not running | pypilot_hat not running
↳Unexpected error validating connection: Handshake status 401 Unauthorized -+-+- {'connection': 'close', 'content-type': 'application/json', 'content-length': '23'} -+-+- b'{"error":"jwt expired"}'.
Checking Network... | correct access point password | NTP server not running
Checking serial connections alias... | All your serial connections have an assigned alias
Checking Dashboards... | Influxdb running | Kip enabled
Checking OpenCPN... | not running | fullscreen autostart enabled | touchscreen enabled
Possible causes:

- You have a GPS connected and passing wrong date/time to Signal K. Solution: go outdoor to better satellites view.

- You set an expiration date when accepted the device connection request. Solution: go to GPIO app and click reconnect. Do not select any expiration date or type NEVER when accepting the device connect request.
Thanks Sailoog, you where right. Even though gpio, i2c and pypilot conections didnt seem to have expired, once i reconected all was ok again. Many thanks Smile Smile
Hello,
I have almost the same problem with OP3/64 on RPi4 from latest openplotter touch image.
SignalK v2.62
apt-get update and upgrade done already

If I uninstall op-notifications everything is just fine. But this will uninstal GPIO also, which I need.
It is somehow a new install, without any connections (no GPS, no simulator, nothing).
I2C, SPI disabled, 1W enabled. Network in AP and Station mode with NFT disabled.
NTP also disabled
set-time plugin disabled
Enabling or disabling these not solving the issue

I tried to approve the notifications and gpio request with 100d, NEVER or blank, same thing
After first Refresh or reboot, the error is back

There is any way to install GPIO without op-notifications?

Thank you,
Seb
- SV Haimana
That is a completely different error. It seems that your SK server is not responding. What happens if you type this in a browser?:

http://localhost:3000/signalk/v1/api/vessels/self

openplotter-gpio needs openplotter-notifications to work. Uninstalling openplotter-notifications does not fix your issue, if you uninstall openplotter-gpio and openplotter-notifications you do not see the error because no app is checking the SK connection.
(2024-04-05, 08:50 PM)Sailoog Wrote: That is a completely different error. It seems that your SK server is not responding. What happens if you type this in a browser?:

http://localhost:3000/signalk/v1/api/vessels/self

openplotter-gpio needs openplotter-notifications to work. Uninstalling openplotter-notifications does not fix your issue, if you uninstall openplotter-gpio and openplotter-notifications you do not see the error because no app is checking the SK connection.

Unauthorized

I "hijacked" this thread because initially I got same error like in subject, right after (re)installing gpio and notifications. 

anyway, thank you for your help but if no easy fix I think is better to reinstall it from scratch. 

It seems this error is coming from Security -> Settings -> Allow Read Only Access
If I disable read only access this error is showing up

If read only access is enabled the error is gone. Ignore the Maiana's error because Maiana is not yet connected

- SV Haimana
Yes, that is the expected behavior. "Allow Readonly Access" means that non authenticated users are allowed to read SK data. That "checking connection" action of some openplotter apps first try to send data as authenticated user and then try to get data as non authenticated users.
it seems I have to leave the read-only access to ON
I can live with that, thank you
- SV Haimana