This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clarifying questions
Hi. I am looking at getting the MacArthur HAT, but have a few questions I still haven't been able to fully understand.

1. Is it possible to use the data from the MacArthur HAT with existing plotters on the same NMEA2000 network? For example, if I add sensors to the HAT, will I then be able to see them on both the OpenPlotter system but also on my existing plotter? (is it two way)

2. Will I be able to add tank measure sensors (float sensors) to the I2C port or in some other way? 

Thanks for the help
1. Yes, you get NMEA 2000 data from your network and you can also send data from openplotter (signal k server) to your network.

2. You do not need I2C for float sensors, you can do that using any Raspberry GPIO or the alternative uses of 1W and Seatalk1 in MacArthur HAT:

https://macarthur-hat-documentation.read...lkalt.html
https://macarthur-hat-documentation.read...1walt.html
Hi,

Yes to 1. I share engine info and battery across the N2K network and its starting point is the pi. My Axoim can then display it. I can also share routes but I don’t really do a lot of that. You will need some SignalK plugins depending on what you want to do but that’s about it.

For 2 yes that’s possible, are you thinking of using some sort of resistance measurement board? With all of this stuff there are many ways and it’s best to build things up working though each but as you go.