This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspberry pi Zero W - NOOBS installation?
Hi guys,

I have just bought a new Rpi0W, and downloaded the latest op version 0.9.

When I boot up I get a pop up box message ;
"No network access"
"Wired network access is required to use NOOBS without local images."

I have checked the /os/OpenPlotter dir and it appears to have the required files;
boot.tar.xz
OpenPlotter.png
os.json
partition_setup.sh
partitions.json
root.tar.xz
slides_vga

Is the issue due to me trying to do it on a Rpi0 and it needing different images/tar files?

Any ideas or thoughts?
Thanks
Have you also go the directories not just the root files??
I did the same thing until I realise I was missing the actual openplotter image
Hi Lone_Viper,

Thanks for the quick reply,

The images are there *.tar.xz.

But the first issue is/was that in the os.json , it has a tag called "supported_models" which only had Rpi 2 & 3 in its list. So as I trying to do it on a Zero didn't match anything on the list, hence no local images found, fallback to a network installation.

I have removed the tag and it's installing now. 

I will post about the outcome.

Thanks

Hi guys, 

An update, after that little hack , I got op to install and gui starts and runs, spiking the cpu (as expected).

OpenCPN doesn't start, from other forums, it is most likely that it was compiled for arm7's and the Zero is an arm6, so that is why I'm getting an "illegal instruction ".

So I will recompile from source and see what happens and probably have to do Signal K as well (from forums).

Thanks
(2017-03-12, 07:27 PM)Nick_Currawong Wrote: Hi Lone_Viper,

Thanks for the quick reply,

The images are there *.tar.xz.

But the first issue is/was that in the os.json , it has a tag called "supported_models" which only had Rpi 2 & 3 in its list. So as I trying to do it on a Zero didn't match anything on the list, hence no local images found, fallback to a network installation.

I have removed the tag and it's installing now. 

I will post about the outcome.

Thanks

Hi guys, 

An update, after that little hack , I got op to install and gui starts and runs, spiking the cpu (as expected).

OpenCPN doesn't start, from other forums, it is most likely that it was compiled for arm7's and the Zero is an arm6, so that is why I'm getting an "illegal instruction ".

So I will recompile from source and see what happens and probably have to do Signal K as well (from forums).

Thanks

Nick

Can you let me know how you got on with the Pi Zero since I've just installed on mine and had the "illegal instruction" message as well?

Thanks - Pete
Any progress/update on installation on a pi zero or pi zero W ?