This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pypilot seatalk 1 integration
Are there any future plans to integrate seatalk 1, since it is now possible to use it with SignalK & GPIO, like 
https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/doku.p...re:seatalk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFOGrBmDhJg&t=32s

There are thousands using Raymarine st1000/st2000 and this feature will be welcome.

Possibly also a remote control that can talk to pypilot ???
I do not understand your request. If you use pypilot, there will be no Raymarine autopilot involved, so there is no one to talk to.

If you mean getting seatalk1 data (GPS, heading, wind...) to manage your pypilot that is already implemented because pypilot can read signal k data.

Remote control is already implemented in pypilot
to use a st1000/st2000 with pypilot you can simply bypass all of the internal electronics and wire directly to the motor.

All of the features already work, as pypilot can use signalk you only need to get your seatalk into signalk which is a separate conversion external to pypilot. remote controls, both rf433 and wifi are already supported by pypilot.
(2024-04-10, 01:32 PM)Sailoog Wrote: I do not understand your request. If you use pypilot, there will be no Raymarine autopilot involved, so there is no one to talk to.

If you mean getting seatalk1 data (GPS, heading, wind...) to manage your pypilot that is already implemented because pypilot can read signal k data.

Not all people are electrical wizards, I make my own stuff, but not all want to rebuild a working ST100/ST2000!!

So don't be like that, I would also like to see this feature, can't be so difficult just passing along some setup and the course.. to the Seatalk1 device.
Instead of making a new plugin..

/Bektorkhan
(2024-04-21, 03:27 AM)bektorkhan Wrote:
(2024-04-10, 01:32 PM)Sailoog Wrote: I do not understand your request. If you use pypilot, there will be no Raymarine autopilot involved, so there is no one to talk to.

Not all people are electrical wizards, I make my own stuff, but not all want to rebuild a working ST100/ST2000!!

So don't be like that, I would also like to see this feature, can't be so difficult just passing along some setup and the course.. to the Seatalk1 device.

/Bektorkhan

Why bother useing seatalk or anything to do with pypilot? St1000 & 2000 accept nmea0183, why not just use opencpn nmea0183 output? AFAIK openplotter only accepts seatalk input, not output.
(2024-04-21, 04:26 AM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2024-04-21, 03:27 AM)bektorkhan Wrote:

/Bektorkhan

Why bother useing seatalk or anything to do with pypilot? St1000 & 2000 accept nmea0183, why not just use opencpn nmea0183 output? AFAIK openplotter only accepts seatalk input, not output.
Yeah I saw that yesterday, and I am making a bidir NMEA0183 one. Looking for parts or Modules, I'll share it on PcbWay, to implement to OrangePi Zero 2W or CM4, dont have RPi's.

I get that bypassing all the work done by developers, but the remote function etc.. would be useful.
I'll have make a Tiller with BL motor to test pypilot with... looks fun.

And for redundancy it is vital, to be able to use the Tiller stand alone!!
(2024-04-21, 10:43 AM)bektorkhan Wrote: Yeah I saw that yesterday, and I am making a bidir NMEA0183 one. Looking for parts or Modules, I'll share it on PcbWay, to implement to OrangePi Zero 2W or CM4, dont have RPi's.

I get that bypassing all the work done by developers, but the remote function etc.. would be useful.
I'll have make a Tiller with BL motor to test pypilot with... looks fun.

I just use cheap usb/serial adaptors for nmea0183. An arduino nano will work as well with some level shifting.

Not sure how you'd make a remote, seems it would need to talk directly to the ST1000/2000. 

I use an actuator from pcnautic with Pypilot on my tiller, only recently got it running for real & very happy with it, since the Pi is running anyway the power draw is tiny.   Cool