This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pypilot in OpenPlotter 4 released
Bug 
openplotter-pypilot v4.x.x beta is released. You can download OpenPlotter 4 beta here: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=5060

Tested on Raspberry Pi 5. I ported the code to Debian bookworm and fixed some dependencies. Everything works as expected, but pypilot HAT still will not work. As you know, the new Raspberry 5 does not support the old GPIO libraries and all code must be adapted to new libraries.

@Sean, I have ported all code of openplotter v4 to gpiod. After reviewing the pypilot code, I see that you can also use the gpiod python binding to replace RPi.GPIO. It has edge detection, pull up/down, bouncetime and all you need and it will work on new and old Raspberries. Some examples: https://github.com/brgl/libgpiod/tree/ma...n/examples

Test an report here as usual please, thanks.
Hello,

Updated I2C, GPIO and installed Pypilot to a "Starting" version of OpenPlotter 4 from 12-29-23.

After reboot, I2C, GPIO and Shutdown management are "service not running" when doing "Checking OpenPlotter".

I'll track down more info and post this here.
Not a typical installation but IMU wouldn't start. Assuming this is because I have 2 i2c busses & the imu is connect to bus 6, with RTIMULib.ini edited to >

# I2C Bus (between 0 and 7)
I2CBus=6

Is it possible to edit the RTIMULib.ini file openplotter pypilot uses on my installation?
(2024-04-15, 08:33 AM)PaddyB Wrote: Not a typical installation  but IMU wouldn't start. Assuming this is because I have 2 i2c busses & the imu is connect to bus 6, with RTIMULib.ini edited to >

I2CBus=6

Is it possible to edit the RTIMULib.ini file openplotter pypilot uses on my installation?

yes, you will find RTIMULib.ini in /home/pi/.pypilot
(2024-04-15, 03:29 AM)SailAlpha Wrote: Hello,

Updated I2C, GPIO and installed Pypilot to a "Starting" version of OpenPlotter 4 from 12-29-23. 

After reboot, I2C, GPIO and Shutdown management are "service not running" when doing "Checking OpenPlotter".

Not related to openplotter-pypilot v4 but let's see what is going on.

Are all the apps updated from openplotter-settings?

Did you change the user name while SD creation or after?
(2024-04-15, 03:29 AM)SailAlpha Wrote: Hello,

I saw exactly the same. I opened and refreshed the I2C and GPIO apps, and turned shutdown management off and back on, and everything went back to normal. Perhaps it would have gone back to normal by itself if I'd been a bit more patient?
@Sean, I forgot, if you use gpiod do not install from debian packages, install from pip to get the latest version.
I am going to try to pull the latest image you posted today. Once I have this for openplotter I will try on the pi5 and get pypilot hat working on that with the gpio.
(2024-04-15, 11:24 AM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2024-04-15, 08:33 AM)PaddyB Wrote: Not a typical installation  but IMU wouldn't start. Assuming this is because I have 2 i2c busses & the imu is connect to bus 6, with RTIMULib.ini edited to >

I2CBus=6

yes, you will find RTIMULib.ini in /home/pi/.pypilot

Great, thanks. Seems o be running OK & managed not to loose the accell calibration but openplotter app says it can't see it. 
Works though, which is the main thing Cool
[Image: 9xtvlOX.png]
Is the IMU detected if you press "Refresh" in openplotter-pypilot?