This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
double track in opencpn
Hello,

I installed Openplotter 3.6 on a raspberryPI4. I connected a GPS, a VHF and an AIS , any of all via a usb port. 
I filtred the connection AIS to have only frame VDN of nmea0183 via "ignored sentences:VTG,RMC,GGA,GLL,GSV". I have only AIS targets. it is ok. For the vhf, i have output events "nlea0183out" to post position to the vhf (it hasn't gps chip), it is ok. I received position GPS correctly from GPS.

The gps is connected to gpsd. VHF ans AIS are connected to SignalK. In Opencpn, I have only the connection to SignalK.

But i am a problem: in opencpn, i have a "strange" track, like the boat move forwards and backwards. I think : perhaps, opencpn  display two positions (one from GPS, the other to VHF with an offset of few meters?

What do you think?
I am french and actually in navigation, with a poor connection 4G and a poor english langage...
Thank you.
Christine
RaspberryPI, Openplotter 3.6.6,
Do you have VDM sentences? If yes, filter out
If AIS is off, I don't have sentences VDN. And  i have always the display problem .
Christine
Sorry, my fault. I meant VDO
Hello, it's OK by suppress the VDO, i have not the double track.
Thank you very much.

I said "If AIS is off, I don't have sentences VDN. And  i have always the display problem ". But not, it's not true. But I had to restart Opencpn to read the new parameters, and i have not do it. If AIS is off, i have not the problem.

I do'nt find information on all the sentences of nmea0183, only on the principals (RMC, GLL, GGA).

Thank you and have a good day.

Christine (on the ship Hikayat)
Christine