This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to connect Pypilot to OpenCPN for Android?
I'd like to control Pypilot from an android tablet running OprnCPN.  I've already installed the Pypilot plugin, is there a tutorial on how to make the connection?  I'm assuming it's via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth?
normally the pypilot plugin can autodetect pypilot. Otherwise you could manually specify it in the config.. the plugin on android might now work as expected so I suggest trying opencpn and the pypilot plugin on another system first to familiarize yourself.
But how does the Pypilot connect to my tablet? Is it wireless or do I need to fabricate a custom cable?
(2024-04-21, 12:42 PM)bigkahuna Wrote: But how does the Pypilot connect to my tablet?  Is it wireless or do I need to fabricate a custom cable?

Your tablet needs to be connected to the hotspot created by  the raspberry pi running pypilot.
Thanks!