This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow OpenCPN on OP4
Hi everybody,
i've just installed the OP4, on my Pi4.
Same hw setup as with the OP2 and OP3.

With OP4, OpenCPN is extremely slower than before.
And I said before, same hardware, same charts.
Is there anythng that I can do to make it faster?

Thanks
couple of things you could check >
make sure the 3d driver is enabled, open a terminal ( in the accessories menu) and paste in

cat /boot/firmware/config.txt

This will show the contents of the context file, there should be a couple of lines which say >
# Enable DRM VC4 V3D driver
dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d

Also make sure the opengl graphics is turned on in Opencpn, in Options/advanced, "use accelerated graphics" should be selected>

[Image: DF06qYb.png]

Hope that sorts it out for you  Cool
Photo 
Hi PaddyB,
thanks for your advice, unfortunately I've already check them.

Yesterday, I checked my OpenCpn version and I saw that it was the: Debian/Ubuntu Backports: OpenCPN 5.8.4+dfsg-1~bpo12+1
I removed it and installed the: OpenCPN 5.8.4+8089+1637c28fb~ubuntu22.04.1

Look at the image.
I don't know what is the difference between the two, but it is a little bit faster than before.
Now it is almost usable.
I hope it become faster in the future as before.

Thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

you could ask the developers on cruisersforum, someone might know something >
https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f134/