This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Control py-pilot with physical buttons
Hi all

Can someone point me to information about how to to control py-pilot using buttons connected to pi gpio pins?

Thanks
Hi Steve,

There are various ways to use hardware-based switches with pypilot.
First of all, you can use the hat from pypilot and then assign the gpios of your Raspberry via port 33333.
The workbook describes how to do this in detail:
https://github.com/pypilot/workbook/wiki...-interface

Then you can wire the GPIOs yourself with switches and switch them in a defined way with pull-down resistors.
The GPIOs are assigned as described above.

A member of the German sailing forum has created a solution like this: https://open-boat-projects.org/de/pypilot/

I myself have used this as the basis for a simplified version because I don't want to use the LCD display.

If you have any further questions, they are very welcome

Michael

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
I thought the pypilot computer had pinouts for switches instead of requiring gpio connections or pull down resistors?
The latest computer design does not have pinouts because the remote controls developed work very well. It is simpler to mount a remote control panel near the computer.

The pypilot hat does have pinouts, and you do not need resistors, only to connect each button(s) to ground to activate a particular function. For example tacking typically is programmed for both +1 and +10 buttons.