This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOLVED How do I extend the SDCard partition size
I seem to have outgrown my 8GB SDCard (charts are on the SD card as this seems faster than on separate USB stick) so I want to move onto a 32GB.
I have created an image of my OP system using Win32 DiskImager but when I restore the image to my 32GB card it only creates an 8GB partition (as per the original) so how can I resize the SD card to 32 GB ?
Thanks Steve
I have not tried this, but can you use the Expand File System option in the Raspberry Pi configuration program?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks
I tried it but it fails saying that the "partition layout is not supported by the tool."
(2017-06-20, 08:14 AM)affinite Wrote: Thanks
I tried it but it fails saying that the "partition layout is not supported by the tool."

Google might be a better place to ask..>
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=linux+...+card+size

And gparted should do the job for you, in a terminal type "sudo apt-get install gparted",
then after it has installed "sudo gparted"

Then you should have the option to increase a partition size , looks like it will be dev/root/ 

[Image: ozkytqp.png]
Thanks, I had googled but didn't come up with GPARTED. That, along with Nautilus to change folder permissions has done the trick.
BTW couldnt see how to extend the original partition but just created a new/separate one for charts only