This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Send Pi compass pgn to Raymarine s70i
Hello - first post so apologies if this has been addressed.

I have never been able to receive Openplotter CPN compass data (HEADING) from the Pi 4 (or now Pi 5) on my NMEA2000 backbone to my Raymarine i70s display (data selected is HEADING).   I'm running Em-track B953 (GPS,AIS) into NMEA2000 backbone then out to wifi via Actisense WK1 (send/receive).   My IMU is a pimoroni icm-20948 into GPIO pins.   I receive most everything else on the i70s from the Pi... XTE, BTW, etc when running a course.  On the Actisense I'm accessing 60003 (send/receive) for NMEA1083.  And I see the compass heading on my Openplotter dashboard.  Is this normally a readable PGN from the Pi for the the i70s?  Has anyone been successful with this?  If so, any suggestions as to what I am missing.  

Thanks so much!
Use diagnostic tools like Actisense NMEA Reader to monitor the NMEA 2000 network traffic and verify that PGN 127250 is being transmitted by the Pi and received by the Actisense WK1.
Check if the heading data appears on the network. If it does, the issue might be with the Raymarine display or its configuration.