This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to connect multiple devices to openplotter Wi-Fi?
Hi, a strange thing happens to me with Openplotter 3, I connect the PC to the openplotter wifi and it works perfectly if I also try to connect the iPad or the phone refuses the connection. If I disconnect the PC then the iPad is connected. In short, I can only connect one device. Why?
Thank you
(2024-06-01, 10:30 AM)gaspbut Wrote: Hi, a strange thing happens to me with Openplotter 3, I connect the PC to the openplotter wifi and it works perfectly if I also try to connect the iPad or the phone refuses the connection. If I disconnect the PC then the iPad is connected. In short, I can only connect one device. Why?
Thank you

On a RP4   Openplotter 3   ,  i have 7  .   
On a RP5   Openplotter 5  ,  i have more than 7  .
Sailing in a LM23  23" motor sailor i Danmark  .  Mostly In Koege bay  .
Harbored  in SF-Syd  , Copenhagen .
Marine Enginer  ,   Pt. working on power plant 
That is odd.

Can you show the contents of the file /etc/dnsmasq.conf?
Thanks for your answer, dnsmasq.conf is:

interface=wlan9
no-dhcp-interface=wlan0,wlan1,wlan2,usb0,eth0
dhcp-range=10.10.10.50,10.10.10.200,12h
Are you using the internal wifi to create a hotspot and connect to a network at the same time?

Doesn't work very well.
(2024-06-03, 10:35 AM)PaddyB Wrote: Are you using the internal wifi to create a hotspot and connect to  a network at the same time?

Doesn't work very well.

Yes, I do it!
Indeed, sometimes, by trying and trying again, it works, but it is not stable. So, what do I do?
(2024-06-03, 10:00 AM)gaspbut Wrote: Thanks for your answer, dnsmasq.conf is:

interface=wlan9
no-dhcp-interface=wlan0,wlan1,wlan2,usb0,eth0
dhcp-range=10.10.10.50,10.10.10.200,12h

Well that looks correct.

I think Paddy is suggesting that you install a separate USB WiFi dongle to connect to the outside world and use the internal WiFi chip to act as the AP. That's exactly what I do every time I build a Pi as sharing the duties on the internal WiFi is problematic.
Ok, I will try to use this method.
Thanks again for the suggestions
(2024-06-03, 11:00 AM)gaspbut Wrote:
(2024-06-03, 10:35 AM)PaddyB Wrote: Are you using the internal wifi to create a hotspot and connect to  a network at the same time?

Doesn't work very well.

Yes, I do it!
Indeed, sometimes, by trying and trying again, it works, but it is not stable. So, what do I do?

Just use it as access point to see if it's better, should be!  Big Grin
Big Grin 
(2024-06-03, 02:51 PM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2024-06-03, 11:00 AM)gaspbut Wrote:

Doesn't work very well.

Yes, I do it!

Just use it as access point to see if it's better, should be!  Big Grin

I tried to use a d-link dwa-181 which is not recognized by raspberry and I still haven't managed to install the drivers!!!  Big Grin