This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modern outboards with electronic controls
This is more of a question than anything.. As outboard motors are starting to go the route of electronic throttle, shift, even steering... As far as I know, each manufacturer has you locked into using their own proprietary controls for accessing functionality such as cruise control, joystick steering, troll mode, etc.  Does anyone know what level of locked down this functionality is, whether or not it's feasible to reverse engineer, etc? I know Yamaha and Mercury are charging close to $20k for joystick functions for example.   Hope this makes sense what I'm asking about.
(2024-06-02, 10:58 PM)TWBoats Wrote: Hope this makes sense what I'm asking about.

Three posts in three minutes, suspicious no? And no, your question doesn't make sense