This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cannot configure NMEA0183 any more
after updating to latest 0.12.0 alfa I cannot configure the NMEA sentences any more. Dropdownlists do not offer the available values any more.
Could you give more details? Do you mean NMEA 0183 generator tool? What Dropdownlists are you talking about?
In the NMEA 0183 Generator I try to generate the MDA sentence for the pressure so that OCPN dashboard can display the pressure.
In 0.11.x this was working. Unfortunatly when updateing to 0.12.0 the sensors need to get reconfigured.

So when selecting NMEA generator creating MDA sentence in e.g barometric pressure bars I wish to select under expression/self/group the value environment.outside.pressure. Unfortunately now the group pull down is emptry and does not allow manual entry.

In 0.11.0 it was possible to select from a list. BTW on double click to edit values I would have hoped for that defaults are used from existing selection.
(2017-07-02, 12:50 PM)SkipperEarly Wrote: In the NMEA 0183 Generator I try to generate the MDA sentence for the pressure so that OCPN dashboard can display the pressure.
In 0.11.x this was working. Unfortunatly when updateing to 0.12.0 the sensors need to get reconfigured.

So when selecting NMEA generator creating MDA sentence in e.g barometric pressure bars I wish to select under expression/self/group the value environment.outside.pressure. Unfortunately now the group pull down is emptry and does not allow manual entry.

In 0.11.0 it was possible to select from a list. BTW on double click to edit values I would have hoped for that defaults are used from existing selection.

Update and RESOLVED:

Unfortunately all sensor config has to be provided again after updateing to 0.12.0 so also the signalK keys have to get reassigned to the sensors. Only thereafter are those keys also in the pulldown lists of the NMEA0183 generator. Is a correct behavior, it was only me not finishing the sensor config completely  Cry

My last comment above (double click to edit values doesnt use old values) is still valid.

Hopefully my learning helps others to be more diligent Smile
After updating, all I2C sensors settings should be on his place so let's wait for someone else reporting this in case this is a bug. My sensors settings were not removed.
Thanks for reporting.