This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED} Very slow response on Dashboard - any ideas?
I have an MCP3208 ADC hooked up to my Pi(3) running OP 11.11
I have configured a number of resistive tank level monitors and I'm also monitoring 2 battery bank voltages using a simple (stabilised) voltage divider to feed the ADC.
My problem is latency ... A change in battery voltage (and consequent ADC value) can take up to two minutes to register on my gauges !!
Ive put a diagnostic node in my NR flow and changes in battery voltage are instantly reflected in the value displayed in the diagnostic window. ie there's no delay at all. But at the NR dashboard it takes ages to register.

Any ideas ?
Thanks
Steve
(2017-07-02, 06:28 PM)affinite Wrote: I have an MCP3208 ADC hooked up to my Pi(3) running OP 11.11
I have configured a number of resistive tank level monitors and I'm also monitoring 2 battery bank voltages using a simple (stabilised) voltage divider to feed the ADC.
My problem is latency ... A change in battery voltage (and consequent ADC value) can take up to two minutes to register on my gauges !!
Ive put a diagnostic node in my NR flow and changes in battery voltage are instantly reflected in the value displayed in the diagnostic window. ie there's no delay at all. But at the NR dashboard it takes ages to register.

Any ideas ?
Thanks
Steve

Have you read this post?  It talks about slowing down the input with an aggregator to keep the dashboard from getting overloaded.

https://github.com/node-red/node-red-das...issues/206

Richard
Vamonos
(2017-07-02, 09:56 PM)Vamonos Wrote:
(2017-07-02, 06:28 PM)affinite Wrote: I have an MCP3208 ADC hooked up to my Pi(3) running OP 11.11

Any ideas ?
Thanks
Steve

Have you read this post?  It talks about slowing down the input with an aggregator to keep the dashboard from getting overloaded.

https://github.com/node-red/node-red-das...issues/206

Richard
Vamonos

Richard
Thanks for your suggestion. I couldn't get the link to update my Node Red without errors, but reading the NR forum thread gave me the idea of simply using the Delay Node which enables you to limit the message transfer rate and discard unused messages.
I set my limiting rate to 1 every 2 seconds and it worked. My dashboard is responsive again.
Thanks again for the pointer
Steve