This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
internet chromium
i dont know if its a bug or just me ..but i can log on rdt through duckdns and localhost to the pi  nodered and ui both work in browser..
but when i open chromium on the pi and search anything it returns error name resolution failed..it was working fine ??? i can ping 8.8.8.8 from pi no loss.
so i am guessing something wrong with dns
latest build pi3, headless connected to router with ethernet wired.wireless bridged used for esp8266 to mqtt.

well thats weird i disabled wireless in op and it connected to lan wired and would connect to internet, then enabled wireless again and its working..
the wired lan was not getting dns service for some reason.. it would not open web pages or update. it was like wirless had priority over wired maybe?
i did not bridge the connections this time..

thanks.
 jim
still having problem with internet on pi. i can connect remotely and locally .
i can reach the pi rdt from mynetwork.duckdns.org "not real address" and get the ports for node red and its UI.
but on the pi it has dns issues..no updates or browsing from the pi..
with ap disabled no internet wired

missing AP! or driver is not nl80211
up network: wlan0
dnsmasq (dhcp-server): stopped
hostapd (AP): stopped
networking: started