This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] VNC refusing connection on 0.13
Was anything changed on the VNC server in ver 0.13? I just upgraded and get a message that the host refused connection. This was working fine immediately prior to the upgrade. The pi is running - dashboard and editor are working fine.
I should add that my pi is headless. Everything is done via VNC and I am up the creek with no means of locomotion at the moment Sad
Were you connected by realVNC server? we removed it because there is a conflict between realVNC and RDP and we want to keep both methods. You should be able to connect by xvnc the other vnc server. Try with any vnc client (not the real vnc client) and connect to 10.10.10.1:5900
Yes, I was using realVNC.
I installed gvncviewer and tried to connect to my pi ip:5900 and the connection was still refused.
I assume when you say 'connect to 10.10.10.1:5900' you are referring to the pi IP, port 5900.When you say 'xvnc' do you refer to 'x11vnc' which is a server which is presumably what now runs on the pi ?
Yes, pi IP (10.10.10.1 if working as acces point) and port 5900
Yes sorry, x11vnc should be running if you did not change anything.
Can you connect to the access point?
Are you on linux or windows?
Can you connect to the access point?
Are you on linux or windows?

I am running Ubuntu. I am not sure what you mean by 'connect to the access point'. I can connect to ip:1880 to see my flows and I can connect to the dashboard. I can not connect to ip:5900.
I can also ping the pi.
maybe try SSH on port 22 and start x11vnc from command line? Had similar issues and got around it somehow like that in an older version.
Install vinagre and you should be able to connect if x11vnc is running

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install vinagre
Thank you ! I am running again. It turned out that the pi did not do a clean re-boot after the upgrade and the VNC server was not actually running. In my desperation I crossed my fingers and toes and turned off the power and rebooted the pi. When it came back up, the VNC server was running and I could connect to it.
BTW, the realVNC viewer works just fine although for some reason it no longer asks me for my log-in password. It probably is not set up on the new VNC server.
Great! sorry for this, we are in alpha stage and this can happen with projects in construction, please do not use on production environment until beta/stable stage is reached.
Yes, I understand that doodoo happens (alpha, beta or any other release). As I said, not a problem.
I do have further info though ... I checked the new version number and it said it was still on 0.12. I am now upgrading to 0.13.1. Something or other must have gone haywire during the upgrade.
This time around it is taking much longer which is more consistent with previous upgrades.
As always, thank you very much for bringing us OpenPlotter !!!!