This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
getting NMEA time when starting open plotter
Dear all

When starting Openplotter, in start up window I see all necessary services to be started.
As my system was only connected to gps antenna and AIS receiver the start up was running smooth.
After having connected the echosounder and the Vhf-radio via "USB to NMEA Serial Adaptor" from Digital Yacht, the run up routine stops at "Getting NMEA time.....".
I started again without these connections, it runs smooth again. Connecting after run up is possible and system works without problems.
My question is, does anybody know a work around solution, maybe to configure the system that it takes its NMEA time from GPS antenna by default? To connect and disconnect the USB plugs all the time is kind of annoying.

Ludwig
Please open a terminal and type

startup restart

and copy any error message here
(2017-08-27, 01:33 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Please open a terminal and type

startup restart

and copy any error message here

Dear Sailoog
Many thanks for reply. Sorry for my late answer as well. In meantime the problem is solved. By reconstructing my system I connected an AIS receiver with the raspi by USB. This AIS receiver was as well connected to the boats power system.
When disconnecting the receiver from the power system openplotter had no problems with startup any more.
That means, the AIS receiver is now powered by the usb connection only.

best regards
Ludwig