This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ais Targets in OpenCPN- can i change somethings?
Hello, i use Openplotter and Opencpn in the stable version on a raspberry (last edition).

The Ais Signals come over serial-usb adapter from my ukw transceiver via nmea output in the Raspberry and all works fine!

Now i will change somethings from the ais design. How can i do this?
I would change, that in normal operation i can see all received ais targets with Name and Speed WITHOUT i must go with the mouse over the ship.
And the size from the Letters from Name and Speed must be can changed too.

The reason is, i drive very often in a heavy used ship ways and i need a fast oversight, how fast is the other big ships around me.
Every ship click with a mouse to see the relevant details (Name and Speed) is not practicable.

Any Ideas?

Sorry about my bad english, i am from german and my old school english is long time ago.
(2017-07-24, 12:14 PM)tobaran Wrote: Hello, i use Openplotter and Opencpn in the stable version on a raspberry (last edition).

The Ais Signals come over serial-usb adapter from my ukw transceiver via nmea output in the Raspberry and all works fine!

Now i will change somethings from the ais design. How can i do this?
I would change, that in normal operation i can see all received ais targets with Name and Speed WITHOUT i must go with the mouse over the ship.
And the size from the Letters from Name and Speed must be can changed too.

The reason is, i drive very often in a heavy used ship ways and i need a fast oversight, how fast is the other big ships around me.
Every ship click with a mouse to see the relevant details (Name and Speed) is not practicable.

Any Ideas?

Sorry about my bad english, i am from german and my old school english is long time ago.
Your bad English is a lot better than my German Wink

I can't help with displaying the text data but if you open the setting dialogue in OCPN and click the AIS tab you can set various parameters that will help you visually achieve what you need. 

Look at the COG predictor length and track length for example. 

You can also set the name of the target to be displayed when zoomed to a scale greater than a value of your choice.