This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kplex lost contact with signal k
OK! There was definitely a change in the builds which broke mag hdg at some point. Using your info, I was able to get some values back. However, the values are not correct, and the field I thin I should enter the adjustment factor, will not let me write. Can you send a screen shot of the nmea build screens for pitch, roll and mag hdg? Any idea on ROT and how to deal with a dampening factor - otherwise, I anticipate the data to be to jittery to be of much use.
(2017-08-07, 08:17 PM)waterman480 Wrote: OK!  There was definitely a change in the builds which broke mag hdg at some point.  Using your info, I was able to get some values back.  However, the values are not correct, and the field I thin I should enter the adjustment factor, will not let me write.  Can you send a screen shot of the nmea build screens for pitch, roll and mag hdg?  Any idea on ROT and how to deal with a dampening factor - otherwise, I anticipate the data to be to jittery to be of much use.

Here you go for heading and pitch.. 

Damping (smoothing) etc can be set in OCPN

Rate can be set in several places in OP in signal K and in the sentence builder.

Remember that you are calculating these values so you must choose "expression" in the "select type" list box.

Attached Files Image(s)

Works like a champ! Beer money is on the way... It would be interesting to find out what broke in Openplotter, since mag hdg used to work.

Cheers,

Dave

There are values from the IMU that show up in the scope function that do not show up in signalK.  How do we get those values to opencpn, since they are not in signalK?  Once in signalK, I assume we can do similar Nmea conversions.  ROT is the one I want, although the other values may be of interest.
Cheers,
Dave
PS - tell Paula the beer money is for you  Big Grin
Will have a look for the sentences for ROT and get back to you as I haven't dug around for that one yet.

I think the sentence it TIROT and I'm guessing it will be in radians per second.

Thanks for the beer tokens . I'll have to get that route sorted Smile
The field from the IMU (which shows on the SignalK scope) is imu/headingrate, which would work with perhaps a touch of damping. Unfortunately, that does not show as a SignalK field, so perhaps - no definition? I do not see a way to grab if it does not show. (Kudos all around, but better docs or resources are needed)

Thank you again for your help.

Cheers,

Dave

Cheers,

Dave