This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kplex lost contact with signal k
(2017-08-07, 05:26 PM)Sderbyshire Wrote: I too had imu heading in openplotter bit not pitch and roll.

I think this is because the signalk to nmea plugin has a heading sentance checkbox, but there is no pitch/roll nmea sentance, hence that data never gets to openplotter?

If heading no longer working check the signalk to nmea plugin is enabled and mag heading sentance checked, then look in the openplotter nmea dialog, you should see the heading sentance.

You will not see Pitch, Roll or or heading in some cases by default. This is because of the sentences that OCPN knows how to decode (or that it doesn't know) .

For example without HDM sentence you'll get heading either on the plot (the ownship icon) or on the dashboard but not both - I don't remember which way around that is. 

The solution is to define the sentences in the NMEA sentence builder (found in the Tools menu). Remember that the angles as fed from signal K are in Radians so you have to convert to degrees by multiplying by 180/pi (or approx 57.296 ).

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Kplex lost contact with signal k - by Littlechay - 2017-08-01, 08:02 PM
RE: Kplex lost contact with signal k - by PaddyB - 2017-08-02, 10:20 PM
RE: Kplex lost contact with signal k - by Littlechay - 2017-08-07, 07:15 PM