This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Upgraded to 14 - no openplotter!
(2017-08-04, 05:01 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [quote pid='2537' dateline='1501862014']

There is no directory /imu in my directory '/home/pi/.config/openplotter/

[/quote]
This. And also my spi analog converter isn't making signal k anymore.
(2017-08-05, 07:45 PM)Littlechay Wrote: Any idea when this would be fixed. I'm leaving on a trip soon and would like to use this version. Otherwise I'll have to roll back to a previous version if I can - how do you perform a roll-back.

Additionally I have noticed a substantial increase in processor use in this version. From about 10% in previous versions it has increased to over 30% in this version. Task manager just shows one of the openplotter.py processes as being the culprid, but there are several with the same name????

It is already fixed, update to 0.14.3 please.

We have not provided a roll-back option on development stage.

Yes, there is a n increase of processing due to the improved IMU management but we will try to improve that too.
(2017-08-05, 08:53 PM)Sjoerd02 Wrote:
(2017-08-03, 06:40 PM)Sailoog Wrote: open a terminal, type openplotter and copy here the error

I get error/warning :

1-Wire must be enabled in "Raspberry Pi Configuration->Interfaces->1-Wire"

When I close the window nothing else happens.

Any suggestion?

thanks
Sjoerd

Go to Raspberry Pi Configuration->Interfaces->1-Wire and enable it, then reboot and all should work.
Saqqara
(2017-08-04, 05:01 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [quote pid='2537' dateline='1501862014']

There is no directory /imu in my directory '/home/pi/.config/openplotter/

[/quote]
This. And also my spi analog converter isn't making signal k anymore.

Could you please open a new post for this?
If not more issues are reported about I2C and IMU management I will mark this post as solved. Sorry for the last multiples updates. Lesson learned.
Will try 14.3 in the morning uk time, ive removed the imu at the moment though to focus on testing nmea2000 integration this week on Amita

Steve
(2017-08-06, 06:18 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2017-08-05, 07:45 PM)Littlechay Wrote: Any idea when this would be fixed. I'm leaving on a trip soon and would like to use this version. Otherwise I'll have to roll back to a previous version if I can - how do you perform a roll-back.

Additionally I have noticed a substantial increase in processor use in this version. From about 10% in previous versions it has increased to over 30% in this version. Task manager just shows one of the openplotter.py processes as being the culprid, but there are several with the same name????

It is already fixed, update to 0.14.3 please.

We have not provided a roll-back option on development stage.

Yes, there is a n increase of processing due to the improved IMU management but we will try to improve that too.

Thanks all up and running OK.

I have noticed the the shared wifi access point (shared with a usb wifi adapter which is connected to the net) has dropped several times today. Never did it before. 

The access point (wan0 the Pi's built in one) just seems to cease to transmit. The carrier is gone everything but no sign of any error on the Pi. Rebooting brings everything back up ..

I have just un-shared within OP and shared again so will see if that solves it. 

Thanks Smile
OK, I will mark this post as solved, please open new posts for issues not related to this one.
Have just updated to 14.x on my rpi 3 and 2 and in both cases I cannot start op anymore, have done also the reforced update in cmd and get folowing message.+

pi@op010:~ $ openplotter
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter", line 3503, in <module>
MainFrame().Show()
File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter", line 267, in __init__
self.read_i2c()
File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter", line 1873, in read_i2c
self.list_i2c.Append([str©, name, address, magn_list[c], iii[0], str(iii[1]), str(iii[2])])
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'magn_list' referenced before assignment

What to do now? Do I need to start with a fresh image or is there just some config file to get amended?
http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.p...01#pid2501