This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add Rate of Turn to signal K
Would it be possible to add Rate of Turn and such data that is now produced and visible in the Compass Scope to Signal K so that the data can then be used to construct the ROT sentence in NMEA 0183?

Thanks
Chris
I will second that. It seems there are many fields that are available on Compass Scope that are not carried forward into SignalK and Nmea. At least if they were brought into SignalK, then they could be pushed to Node Red. However, Rate of Turn is the most important IMU field missing.

Cheers,

Dave
There is already ROT calculation in "Calculation" tool. Check please.
Ahh, there it is.  So how does the data come in and where does it go out?  I don't see  NMEA or SignalK values.  Undecided  I guess it is time to download the dailies and poke around  Big Grin
ROT is calculated from heading variation so you need a NMEA input with heading data o set a compass with an IMU. ROT data is sent to Signal k and you can convert to NMEA with a signal k plugin.