This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Network not managed after upgrade
All,
I started up under OpenPlotter 10.0 and everything was working.  OPenCPN, plugins, ethernet and wifi connections (I used ethernet to connect to internet and wifi to connect to tablets running VNC for remote control of the Rpi (Rpi 3).

I upgraded OpenCPN and its plugins, ugraded Raspian and then upgraded OpenPlotter (all under Openplotter setup).  I now have OpenPlotter 0.14.4 alpha.  The software packages are working, but the eithernet and wifi connections are saying they are not managed?  The wired and wireless panel item says "no wireless interfaces found"  There is a panel item that says no network connection, yet I can open a browser and access the internet?

If I try to make changes to the wireless settings in the panel item, it says "error saving /etc/dhcpcd.conf - permission denied"

What more info do you need to help me figure out why I don't have the ethernet and wirless devices being managed properly?

thanks,
Ron
There was an issue where the pi's wifi was configured as a wireless access point which tossed a big wrench into the gears. I currently do not have access to an openplotter interface so I can't tell you what the tab is called that controls this but it will be quite obvious when you flip through the tabs. Make sure that you un-check the option that enables that configuration.
Question 
Wink Idea Idea
Angel  Entschuldigung für mein Englisch. Es ist "deepl.com english"
PN bitte auf german.  Big Grin
All,
Before I make any more changes I thought I should back up the system on the SD card. The process to mount a USB SD card writer seemed way to complicated, I went to Win32DiskImager use. When I plug in the system SD card, to my pc, it shows up as a RECOVERY drive with only 1 GB of the initial 32 GB left open instead of the what I initially labeled the SD card as. Is this normal or did something go wrong during my updating process?

thanks,
Ron

All,
I decided to just re-install my initial download of OpenPlotter v0.10.0 NOOBS and not do the recommended upgrades to OpenPlotter. At this point I only have a couple of hours invested in this whole process and it only means loading down the OpenCPN charts again. I will try upgrading OpenCPN, plugins and upgrade Raspian from a terminal (rather than from OpenPlotter config). And see how things go from there.

I will make sure the AP box is unchecked as recommended above - thanks,
Ron
With win32disk thing that's normal, windows can only see 1 partition but the program backs up the whole card fine.

Also, updating takes ages and ages, it has always worked for me but don't be in a hurry...

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk