This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first Live demo of a Wifi solar- and battery monitor in OpenPlotter
Thumbs Up 
(2017-08-16, 02:21 PM)tocan Wrote: With a virtual serialport i can get data all over the year and can handle them also if i far away. i will have changes in my boat i need not to bring in long cables for connetions.

This is the basic idea of smart homes, boats, what ever. I don't see the dependency between the idea and the virtual serial port.

(2017-08-16, 02:21 PM)tocan Wrote: Try a vitron to use wireless with blutooth and you will have any failure.
I don't know how to "use wireless with blue tooth" but I agree, it will certainly end in failure.

(2017-08-16, 02:21 PM)tocan Wrote: shark bring 50 sensors and 50 switches with cable to yours GPIO and if there is a failure find out where there is the mistake and do it via the internet.
Indeed the GPIO-Pins are limited in numbers. There are some ways to extend the pins like the usage of a shift register for simple switches and so on. I've experimented with other microcontrollers and the pi e.g. by using firmata. For my home the combination of the pi and esp communicating via mqtt works perfect but currently i don't think i would implement it in my boat that way. There is a simple reason: I don't have electric sockets in my boat.
If I use microcontrollers beside the pi I need to provide the electricity so I have to install wires anyway. Because of i2c and shift registers I haven't reached the limit of my pi.

(2017-08-16, 02:21 PM)tocan Wrote: OK than anwer please how to get the data from esp to mosquito and than to the pi and how you do it bring than in signal k.
You can program your own mqtt client in C, use a scripting language like javascript (mongoose os / espruino) or python (micropython) or you flash some ready made software like ESPEasy. Mosquitto is running on the pi so your data is on the pi when mosquitto gets it. To get the data into signalk you can use a signalk mqtt plugin or write your own script or use node-red.

(2017-08-16, 02:21 PM)tocan Wrote: this is one step for current data. i work with history data this can be another approach.
what i need now is help to get the stored data to node red and signal k. rest is just question of personal phylosophy.
"Signal K is a modern and open data format for marine use" (signalk.org)
I guess its good for live data. Historical data is stored somewhere e.g. in a db and plotted by your favourite Software/Programming language. Why do you need signalk for that? If you still want to send historical data to your signalk server you just need a small routine like a script or node-red to get the data and use mqtt or websocket to push it to the server
(2017-08-16, 02:21 PM)tocan Wrote: i think in majority  users have solar on their boat and there is nothing integrate and no solution in openplotter available for monitoring and the relay and switch section is also empty. tell me a way how you will do this. for the moment its so that i did compare my solution with a victron solution and i think i get more for the half of the price. i do not see a big difference to take the modbus data out of the pi with a RS485 USB cable. This costs me 50 $ that i an use it with raspberry pi because the missing drivers of the cheap solutions. with my wifi solution i am very happy.
People use different solar controllers and there are various ways to to connect em to the pi so I guess there isn't a right or wrong way to do this. Personally I guess I'll avoid the wifi connection when I'll build my own solar solution.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My first Live demo of a Wifi solar- and battery monitor in OpenPlotter - by shark24 - 2017-08-16, 05:06 PM