This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
feature requests
Hi
two small feature request for a fine program

I have 2 gps units, i would like to switch ( and switch back) from primary to secondary gps if the signal from the primary gps fails
I've used the failover statement in kplex, but it does not appear to switch back

The switch command activates or deactivates things. I would like a toggle switch so i can start and stop wifi with one switch for example

T
I think the failover statement in kplex would be the best way to do that. What was the problem?

There is already an action for start/stop a wifi access point.
(2016-04-29, 12:01 PM)Sailoog Wrote: I think the failover statement in kplex would be the best way to do that. What was the problem?

There is already an action for start/stop a wifi access point.

Hi

1)  I,ve added the kplex statement to the openplotter generated config file. Output went from primary to secondary gps, buit did not switch back when primary gps started working again.

2) i would like a toggle switch, like  press once wifi off, press again wifi back on

T
1) ah, ok you want back to primary gps. I don't know if kplex has this option. Maybe you could ask for this in kplex forum. You could set the failover in kplex and set a trigger in OP to detect if lat or lon are not present for x seconds, and add an action to reset kplex.

2) You can. Set a switch xxx in OP. Connect the switch to GPIO pins. Create a trigger: "if switch xxx is on..." set an action "start wifi AP"; create another trigger "if switch xxx is off..." set an action "stop wifi AP" and that's all. You could do the same with mqtt to create virtual switches in your phone.
hello!
two questions about new features...:
1) could it be possible to use accelerometer, gyroscope, and magnetometer to increase the sensitivity of steer and optimize heading in rough sea condition? (... thorugh evaluating i.e. the  wave period in last 10' span? .... driving a power module directly connected to steer actuator and hall sensor as feedback?)
2) could be possible merge message from magnetometer, accelerometer, GPS-derived heading/speed and log-derived speed to calculate true wind (force and direction)?

With a lot of compliments for your hard job!!
:-)