This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miniplex BT Won't Connect to bluetooth
Hi Everyone,
I am new to both Raspberry Pi, Raspian & Openplotter
I have been running Open CPN on a windows machine connecting to NMEA via Bluetooth through my Miniplex BT for several years now.
A dear friend put me onto Raspberry and Open plotter.

Athough I have been able to pair my Miniplex via the Bluetooth GUI, I have been unable to connect  to it.with the original GUI I always receive the message  " Connection Failed -No usable Services on this Device".

I then installed Bluez Bluemon which again allows me to pair and temporarly connect but then wont connect again.
I also have tried command line with Bluetoothctl.
Sudo bluetoothctl
agent on
default-agent
pair xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
trust xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
still no Luck
then I found in a different forum
sudo rfcomm bind 0 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
which forced the Bluetooth to connect for 30 secs.
I created a new serial connection in Open CPN using the RFCOMM 0 port
and witnessed that Open CPN received data from the Miniplex during this brief period of 30 Seconds.

could anyone please help me overcome this issue.
thanks in advance