This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] OpenPlotter 0.14.4 to 0.15 upgrade issues
Just tried to do this upgrade. Alas, it doesn't seem to complete properly. It goes through all the motions but after a re-boot it still shows version 0.14.4. openplotter/.openplotter.conf shows the version as 0.15. Node-Red reported finishing during update but signalK update didn't seem to have been done according to the progress screen generated during the upgrade. Huh
(2017-09-01, 11:09 PM)JD1 Wrote: Just tried to do this upgrade. Alas, it doesn't seem to complete properly. It goes through all the motions but after a re-boot it still shows version 0.14.4. openplotter/.openplotter.conf shows the version as 0.15. Node-Red reported finishing during update but signalK update didn't seem to have been done according to the progress screen generated during the upgrade. Huh

I had to run it twice after the update hung towards the end, can't remember exactly where but it was after signalk.

2nd time it updated OK.
Is it time to do a noobs build for 0.15? All the other builds are getting long in the tooth. That may solve some of the upgrade problems people are having. Cheers, Dave
My bad .... I had tried multiple times without luck but all on a very slow connection. Tried again this morning on a faster connection and it completed. I think it just boils down to too little feedback to the user as to what is happening. The place where I got 'stuck' was when it was trying to upgrade signalk. At one point it said :

Upgrading signalK
Already done

and then just sat there. I must have had it sitting there for at least 30 minutes, maybe more, because I am fully aware of the limited feedback but eventually I decided that it must be stuck or done. Well today, on the faster connection, the install got to the same point but after 15 to 20 minutes it carried on and eventually it finished.
All is well again!
Yes, major updates take its time. there will be rarely major update when OP is stable